List of Bitcoin-related software. See also Category:Software.
Be sure to keep on top of the latest security vulnerabilities!
- 1 Bitcoin clients
- 2 Bitcoin Trade Data
- 3 Bitcoin software
- 3.1 Web interfaces for merchants
- 3.2 Shopping Cart Integration in eCommerce-Systems
- 3.3 Enterprise server
- 3.4 Web apps
- 3.5 Browser extensions
- 3.6 PC apps
- 3.7 Mobile apps
- 3.8 Operating systems
- 3.9 Mining apps
- 3.10 Mining Pool Servers (backend)
- 3.11 Utilities, libraries, and interfaces:
- 3.12 Lists of software
- 3.13 Developer resources
- 3.14 Other
- Main article and feature comparison: Clients
- Bitcoin-Qt - C++/Qt based tabbed UI. Linux/MacOSX/Windows. Full-featured thick client that downloads the entire block chain, using code from the original Bitcoin client.
- bitcoind - GUI-less version of the original Bitcoin client, providing a JSON-RPC interface
- MultiBit - lightweight thin client for Windows, MacOS and Linux with support for opening multiple wallets simultaneously
- Electrum - a "blazing fast, open-source, multi-OS Bitcoin client/wallet with a very active community" - also a thin client.
- Bitcoin Webskin - PHP web interface to bitcoind and namecoind
- subvertx - command line bitcoin tools
- Bitcoiner - Java RPC client (Android)
- Armory - Python-based client currently in beta-level
- Spesmilo - Python/PySide RPC client (abandoned)
- Gocoin - WebUI client written in Go language, with a cold deterministic brain-wallet.
Frontends to eWallet
- BitPay - Android application
- xCoinMoney Advanced API to create invoices for subscription.
- Freecoin - C++ client, supports alternative currencies like Beertoken
- BitDroid - Java client
- Bitdollar - C++/Qt client, unstable beta version
- BitCoinJ - Java client library, early development stage but used in live projects already
- BCCAPI (Bitcoin Client API) - a java library designed for making secure light-weight bitcoin clients.
Bitcoin Trade Data
- Bitcoin Charts – Prices, volume, and extensive charting on virtually all Bitcoin markets.
- MtGox Live - An innovative chart showing a live feed of MtGox trades and market depth. (Must Use Chrome)
- BTCCharts - An innovative chart showing a live feed of multiple markets, currencies and timeframes.
- MY-BTC.INFO - A free profit/loss portfolio manager for Bitcoins and other digital currencies including many charts.
- BitcoinExchangeRate.org - Bitcoin and USD converter with convenient URL scheme and Auto-updating Portfolio Spreadsheet.
- Bitcoin Sentiment Index - A financial index that collects and disseminates sentiment data about bitcoin.
- Preev - Bitcoin converter with live exchange rates.
- Skami - Bitcoin Market Exchange comparison charts.
- BitcoinSentiment - Crowdvoting site offering means of voting and viewing voters sentiment towards bitcoin.
- TradingView – network where traders exchange ideas about Bitcoin using advanced free online charts
Web interfaces for merchants
- BitMerch - Embeddable HTML buttons, instant sign-up, instant payouts, automatic price adjustment for other currencies. No programming skills required to set up.
- Bitcoin Evolution - Non wallet-based Buy Now button to insert into websites (handles sales tracking; client must be used for actual transaction)
- BitPay - Buy Now buttons, Checkout posts/callbacks, Mobile Checkout, JSON API
- BTCMerch - Payment processor for bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. 0.5% transaction fee. Sandbox is available.
- Coinbase - Provides bitcoin payment processing for Overstock.com, Reddit, Khan Academy, OkCupid, and more.
- PikaPay (info) Buy Now buttons, Twitter Integration, JSON API
Shopping Cart Integration in eCommerce-Systems
- GoCoin - Plugin for WooCommerce support and coming soon Magento
- Zen Cart Bitcoin Payment Module - a payment module that interacts with bitcoind for the Zen Cart eCommerce shopping chart.
- Coinbase Shopping Cart Plugins - Supports Wordpress, WooCommerce, Magento, Zencart, WP e-commerce, and more.
- Karsha Shopping Cart Interface - is a mobile payment-interface which enables its users to accept payments.
- Bitcoin-Cash - an easy to use payment module for xt:Commerce
- BitPay - bitcoin plugins for Magento, Opencart, Zencart, PHP, JSON API
- WalletBit - Plugins for PrestaShop, OpenCart, PHP, JSON API
- xCoinMoney Advanced API for instant payment and subscriptions
- OpenCart Bitcoin - An OpenCart payment module that communicates with a bitcoin client using JSON RPC.
- OsCommerce Bitcoin Payment Module - a payment module that uses a python monitoring script to interact with bitcoind for OsCommerce
- Drupal Ubercart Bitcoin payment method enables you to accept Bitcoin as payment for your Drupal/Ubercart enabled website product/services.
- Bits of Proof - a modular enterprise-ready implementation of the Bitcoin protocol.
- Bitcoin Central - currency exchange
- Coinbase (business) - an international digital wallet that allows you to securely buy, use, and accept bitcoin currency
- Coinnext - Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Bitcoin Poker Room - poker site
- Abe - block chain viewer
- Simplecoin - PHP web frontend for a pool
- bitcoin_simple_php_tools simple php tools for webmasters
- CoinSummary - multi-coin wallet manager with built-in valuation in Bitcoin and major world currencies.
- Bitcoin Extension - check balance and send bitcoins (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Prices (extension) - monitoring price (Firefox)
- Bitcoin Ticker - monitoring price (Chrome)
- Biticker - Bitcoin ticker, currency converter and history price graph (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Microformats Show bitcoin address metadata embedded in a page (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Address Lookup Right click an address to view its value. (Chrome)
- Qt Bitcoin Trader - Open Source Mt.Gox, BTC-e, Bitstamp, Bitfinex and BTCChina trading client for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- [MyBTC-Trader.com] - a MtGox Bitcoin trading client for windows with GUI
- Mining Explorer - monitoring tool for bitcoin mining
- Bitcoin SMS Alert - sends SMS text alerts to a user's phone based on BTC price / percent thresholds.
- BTConvert - currency conversion
- Sierra Chart MtGox Bridge - real-time charting
- BitTicker - monitoring price (Mac OS X)
- ToyTrader - a command line trading tool for MtGox
- goxsh - a command-line frontend to the Mt. Gox Bitcoin Exchange (Python)
- MyBitcoins gadget - monitoring pool earnings / price (Windows gadget)
- Bitcoin QR Popup - streamlined interface to bitcoin for POS systems (Windows)
- Bitcoin Rate - Desktop widget with BTC exchange rate (KDE)
- Bitcoin Monitor - Desktop widget to monitor status of your Bitcoin miners on mining pools (KDE)
iPhone / iPad
- Blockchain - Fully featured iphone bitcoin app.
- Bitcoin Ticker (iPhone) - monitoring price w/push notifications
- BitCoins Mobile - First iPad native app! Live market data, news feeds, mining pool statistics, full screen exchange price charts, bitcoin network statistical charts. (iPad only, iPhone/iPod Touch coming soon!)
- BitcoinTrader - Spend/receive BTC via QR codes, trade, deposit/withdraw, etc. Supports Mt. Gox, TradeHill, ExchB, CampBX, and InstaWallet.
- Bit-pay - Mobile Checkout, set prices in any currency and receive mobile-to-mobile payment
- Coinbase iPhone App
- Easywallet.org - Web based wallet, works with QR Code scanner on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- BTC Miner (iPhone) - monitor mining results from various mining pools on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- BitTick - Real-time Bitcoin ticker. Real-time currency convert(support 50+ currency. USD, GBP, EUR, CNY, JPY, CAD, RUB, AUD, BRL, NZD, PLN, KRW…)
- Direct link to Android Market bitcoin apps. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bitcoin
- BitCare - Track bitcoin wallet balance, trade on Mt.Gox, monitor mining pool hashrate, balance, worker status.
- Bitcoin Alert - monitoring price (Android)
- Bitcoin-android - Does not appear to be being maitained anymore. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bitcoinandroid
- Bitcoin Wallet Balance - view your balance in real time on your android phone
- Bitcoin Wallet - This is the most functional Android bitcoin wallet application. https://market.android.com/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
- BitcoinSpinner - Single address, easy to use, lightweight and open source client. Keys stored on device.
- BitcoinX - monitoring price (Android)
- BitPay - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bitcoin.bitpay (Is not related to the bit-pay.com online payment processor.)
- Bridgewalker - euro-denominated wallet for the Bitcoin economy
- Blockchain - Lightweight Android Bitcoin Client - Also works with blockchain.info web interface and iphone app.
- Coinbase Wallet - supports buying, selling, sending, requesting, and more.
- Coinbase Merchant - makes it easy to accept bitcoin at a retail location
- [CoinCliff] - Monitors price and fires alarms to wake you up, or notifications, as in text messages (Android)
- Easywallet.org - Web based wallet, works with QR Code scanner on Android devices
- Miner Status - monitoring miner status (Android)
- SMS Bitcoins - transactions by SMS
Windows Phone 7
- Direct link to Windows Phone Marketplace Bitcoin apps: 
Windows Phone 8
- Bitcoin Can - Monitoring prices, account balances and mobile trading on multiple exchanges including MtGox, Coinbase, and CampBX. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/bitcoin-can/57fcf4d6-497a-4663-8da3-93cb26c83b11
see also Bitcoin Payment Apps
- MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI
- BAMT - a minimal Linux based OS intended for headless mining. Initially announced here (not maintained)
- LinuxCoin - a lightweight Debian-based OS, with the Bitcoin client and GPU mining software (not maintained)
Main page: Mining software
- 50Miner - A GUI frontend for Windows(Poclbm, Phoenix, DiabloMiner, cgminer)
- BFGMiner - Modular ASIC/FPGA/GPU miner in C
- Bitcoin Miner by GroupFabric - Free easy-to-use DirectX GPU miner on the Windows Store
- BTCMiner - Bitcoin Miner for ZTEX FPGA Boards
- Bit Moose - Run Miners as a Windows Service.
- Poclbm - Python/OpenCL GPU miner (GUI(Windows & MacOS X))
- CGMiner - ASIC/FPGA/GPU miner in C
- Poclbm-mod - more efficient version of Poclbm (GUI)
- DiabloMiner - Java/OpenCL GPU miner (MAC OS X GUI)
- RPC Miner - remote RPC miner (MAC OS X GUI)
- Phoenix miner - miner
- Cpu Miner - miner
- Ufasoft miner - miner
- Pyminer - Python miner, reference implementation
- Remote miner - mining pool software
- Open Source FGPA Bitcoin Miner - a miner that makes use of an FPGA Board
- Flash Player Bitcoin Miner - A proof of concept Adobe Flash Player miner
- MacMiner - A native Mac OS X Bitcoin/Litecoin miner based on cgminer, bfgminer, cpuminer and poclbm
- Asteroid - Mac-specific GUI based on cgminer
- MultiMiner - GUI based on cgminer/bfgminer for Windows, OS X and Linux, allows switching between currencies based on profitability
Mining Pool Servers (backend)
Main page: Poolservers
- ecoinpool - Erlang poolserver (not maintained)
- Eloipool - Fast Python3 poolserver
- Pushpoold - Old mining poolserver in C (not maintained)
- Poold - Old Python mining poolserver (not maintained)
- PoolServerJ - Java mining poolserver (not maintained)
Utilities, libraries, and interfaces:
- BitcoinCrypto - a lightweight Bitcoin crypto library for Java/Android
- Bitcoin Dissector - a wireshark dissector for the bitcoin protocol
- Bitcointools - a set of Python tools accessing the transaction database and the wallet
- Finance::MtGox - a Perl module which interfaces with the Mt. Gox API
- libblkmaker - C library implementation of getblocktemplate decentralized mining protocol
- python-blkmaker - Python module implementation of getblocktemplate decentralized mining protocol
Lists of software
- BitGit - list of Bitcoin-related opensource projects hosted at Git
- Original Bitcoin client/API calls list
- API reference (JSON-RPC)
- PHP Developer Introduction
- Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin technology
- Bitcoin Consultancy - an organization providing open source software and Bitcoin-related consulting
- Open Transactions - a financial crypto and digital cash software library, complementary to Bitcoin
- Moneychanger - Java-based GUI for Open Transactions
- BTCnames - a webbased aliasing service which allows to handle unlimited names for your BTC deposit hashes
- Devcoin - the open source developer coin