Bit Moose is a free, open source ,Bitcoin mining assistant program. It allows miners to run under a background windows service. The package includes a GUI and console host. You can configure your miners from the GUI or modify the Settings.xml file yourself to fine tune adjustments. It was created by BitcoinTalk user Awesomey and released on October 31st, 2012. It is written in C# and is only available for Microsoft Windows-based systems.
- Windows Vista/7 (XP Untested) or Windows Server 2003/8
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Run bitmoose-gui.exe
- Click the menu item Service->Install
- Wait about 5 seconds for the status bar to show "Service Stopped".
- Configure your miner.
- On your miner, click the 'Validation' tab, and click the button to make sure it runs ok from a console.
- Click the menu item Service->Start
- After the service is started, you should see your miner's output trickling into the miner's status box.
You can now log out of windows and let your miner work behind the scenes!