BTCMiner - Bitcoin Miner for ZTEX FPGA boards
BTCMiner is an Open Source Bitcoin Miner for ZTEX USB-FPGA Modules 1.15. These FPGA Boards contain an USB interface which is used for communication and programming (i.e. no JTAG programmer is required) and allows to build low cost FPGA clusters using standard components like USB hubs.
The software runs on Linux and Windows.
- Supported FPGA Boards:
- Spartan 6 USB-FPGA Module 1.15b with one XC6SLX75: 90 MH/s @ 5.0W (typical)
- Spartan 6 USB-FPGA Module 1.15d with one XC6SLX150: 215 MH/s @ 9.8W (typical)
- Spartan 6 USB-FPGA Module 1.15x with one XC6SLX150: 215 MH/s @ 9.8W (typical)
- Spartan 6 USB-FPGA Module 1.15y with four XC6SLX150: 860 MH/s @ 39W (typical)
- Dynamic frequency scaling based on error measurement, i.e. BTCMiner automatically chooses the frequency with the highest rate of valid hashes.
- Cluster mode with hot-plugging allows to run large amounts of FPGA Boards
- Ready-to-use Bitstream, i.e. no Xilinx Software or License required
All files required are packed into a single jar archive which can be downloaded from the download section of the BTCMiner homepage and runs under Linux and Windows. Windows users need to install the libusb driver from the ZTEX SDK.
A detailed description of the usage can be found at the BTCMiner homepage.