- 1 IRC, recent changes, etc
- 2 permission to edit
- 3 admin rights
- 4 Proposed article for deletion
- 5 Proposed block of user Luke-jr
- 6 Ico template bug
- 7 Adding Trucoin to the Buying Bitcoins; Newbie Version
- 8 Adding BittyBot to Buying Bitcoins (the newbie version)
- 9 Bitcoin-Qt move
- 10 Can you at least consult with me
IRC, recent changes, etc
You're not on IRC much anymore - if it's not too inconvenient, it's nice to have everyone online for chatting ;) In the meantime, some topics I'd like to bring up:
- Please don't give BitcoinTalk a privileged position on the wiki - it is 99.99% trolls, so probably the worst place to be referring to for reviews.
- I disagree with automatically removing things as "cons" without evidence of it (ie, not merely lack of evidence in their favour) - this should probably be discussed on IRC with everyone sometime.
- The sentence "Please use a more established mixer until this one proves to be trustworthy." may prove to be problematic since mixers are most likely illegal - maybe we should discuss just prohibiting them altogether...
- Transactions do not have a from address - please try not to bring blockchain.info's misinformation to the wiki :)
- I thought I replied to this. I must not have saved it. Anyways I don't have much time right now, but I wanted to say real quick that I am certain of pages like Brave Bunny 6x et al are scams. These pages all have the same format and have been repeatedly created at the same time by the same accounts. I think Bitcoin Blender is a real service, but on BitcoinTalk or not, I can't find any testimonials. I will try to be more active on IRC, I look forward to talking to you! Taras (talk) 14:38, 25 September 2014 (UTC)
permission to edit
Hi Taras, it says that I do not have rights to edit:https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Talk:Buying_Bitcoins_%28the_newbie_version%29 I would like to add my company, BTC Guys LLC link: http://www.btguys.us
- Sorry I didn't get back to you until now; but it looks like you have figured it out. Let me know if you still need anything. Taras (talk) 17:27, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
- Dear Taras, my website is still not listed on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_Bitcoins_%28the_newbie_version%29
- I will appreciate any help to list my website there.
- Thank you, — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mansoor5 (talk • contribs) at 00:00, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
- I'm sorry; I thought you were talking about Buying bitcoins, not the newbie version. I took care of it. :)
- By the way -- you can sign your comments by typing ~~~~ in the editor. Taras (talk) 20:58, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
you have admin rights on the english wiki. that means you can move/delete pages when you deem it appropriate. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nanotube (talk • contribs) at 02:41, 14 August 2014
Proposed article for deletion
Hi, I would like to propose deleting the article Tonal Bitcoin. I have added a justification here
Proposed block of user Luke-jr
Hi there, in addition to the above proposed article deletion, with further research and run ins with the "overseer" of that page, I kindly ask that you consider blocking the user account Luke-jr. I have never once asked such a thing before on any of the wiki's I edit, so I do not do so lightly.
- If you look at the editing history of Tonal Bitcoin, you will see that user Luke-Jr has reverted almost every single edit that has been made to this page. This has been done with no discussion on the talk page. This manner in which the edits are reverted are done so in a fanatical way, and this applies to several users that have attempted to contribute to this page, not just one.
- If you look at the history of the talk pages, you will see that several people have made sensible comments. Furthermore several people have previously made arguements for why this page should be deleted. However, Luke-jr has consistently removed these comments from the talk page, affectively stopping all further discussion, or ending in a revert-war. Though it is common to to have differences in the content of a wiki page, I have never seen a user in my life revert to removing comments and discussions posted on the talk page.
- With regard to the above point, I emphasize that Gavin Andresen himself (!) commented on the talk page, suggesting that this page be removed. Luke -Jr had the gaul to even remove this comment from such a member of high standing in the bitcoin community.
- If you look at this user's talk page, you will notice that he has consistently blanked his page after receiving comments about his edits on other pages.
- If you look at his editing history, you will see that he consistently makes edits that go against community consensus, all while giving little-to-no justification.
- Finally, as seen in the tonal bitcoin forum, he accuses all members that are not on his side (i.e., everyone in the tonal bitcoin case) to be trolling. At the very least, this is not very kind. At the worst, this behavior is itself trolling.
- It's really not my place to block Luke. While I agree that TBC doesn't belong on the list of alts, it does constitute an article of its own (even if it may need some rewording) and Luke is otherwise a contributing member of this wiki. I dislike that he blanks talk pages for being against his ideals, over the guise of being simply "trolling," however he is right that TBC is in no violation [any guidelines on the wiki] and his actions would not constitute a block on my behalf. Regardless, I appreciate you trying to improve this wiki. If Luke does get blocked, or TBC is deleted, it will not be my doing.
Rejected Taras (talk) 21:25, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- PS - You may want to consult the forum for this. Taras (talk) 21:31, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quick response. If you think that it is acceptable for users to remove comments from the talk page, when they are reasoned and written in the best interest of this wiki, then I don't know if I really want to be part of this community. In any case, I wish you all the best of luck here. It's not always easy to deal with these types of personalities (mine included!). Lunokhod (talk) 08:31, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
Ico template bug
Template:Ico appears outside of the content area on the MonoBook theme. If you have time, could you look into this? If not, I might try fixing it later, but I won't have time for a while. Thanks. theymos (talk) 20:00, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- I will definitely be looking into this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! Taras (talk) 21:25, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
Adding Trucoin to the Buying Bitcoins; Newbie Version
Hi, I noticed editing is restricted on the 'buying bitcoins: newbie version' article. Can you please add Trucoin to the credit card entry?
Trucoin - allows users to buy Bitcoin with credit and debit cards. Trucoin is the first properly licensed money service business to offer this service and serves U.S. customers in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, American Samoa, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Wake Island, West Virginia, and Wyoming, with more states and worldwide locations coming soon.
-- Thanks! May also want to add CoinMX.org:
CoinMX - Accepts worldwide users (mainly from the US). you can use your credit card to fund your CoinMX account and buy BTC or LTC currencies. Requires verification of identity by sending a video holding a government issued ID (e.g. passport) to the site.
Adding BittyBot to Buying Bitcoins (the newbie version)
Hi, please could you add BittyBot to the "Buying Bitcoins (the newbie version)" page. It probably needs to be in a new subheading for "Price Comparison"
BittyBot - allows users to compare different bitcoin sellers and prices in UK.
- I took care of it! Also, can we have the old wiki's database? I'd like to import its revisions for historical completeness. Taras (talk) 01:05, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
Can you at least consult with me
...before editing "every" thing I write. Isn't that the point of this being a community wiki and not a centralized wiki?
Why did you rename the PS Coin page (see how I'm consulting first before just undo-ing)?
Additionally, I changed the "planned" template you edited back to "soon" which I originally had made - there is a very literal distinction between those words. Planned would imply uncertainty. We've already tackled the sufficient regulatory hurdles necessary, minus one additional step which we're in the process of completing now.