Difference between revisions of "Category:History"
(Add Car for sale, a first for bitcoin.)
Revision as of 01:07, 9 March 2011
- October 31, 2008
- Bitcoin design paper published
- November 09, 2008
- Bitcoin project registered at SourceForge.net
- January 3, 2009
- Genesis block established at 18:15:05 GMT
- January 11, 2009
- Bitcoin v0.1 released and announced on the cryptography mailing list
- December 16, 2009
- Bitcoin v0.2 released
- December 30, 2009
- First difficulty increase at 06:11:04 GMT
- February 6, 2010
- Bitcoin Market established
- May 22, 2010
- lazslo first to buy pizza with Bitcoins agreeing upon paying 10,000btc for ~$25 worth of pizza courtesy of jercos
- July 7, 2010
- Bitcoin v0.3 released
- July 11, 2010
- Bitcoin v0.3 release mentioned on slashdot, bringing a large influx of new bitcoin users.
- July 17, 2010
- MtGox established
- July 18, 2010
- ArtForz generated his first block after establishing his personal OpenCL GPU hash farm
- August 15, 2010
- September 14, 2010
- jgarzik offered 10,000btc (valued at ~$600-650) to puddinpop to open source their windows-based CUDA client
- September 18, 2010
- puddinpop released source to their windows-based CUDA client under MIT license
- September 29, 2010
- kermit discovered a microtransactions exploit which precipitated the Bitcoin v0.3.13 release
- October 01, 2010
- First public OpenCL miner released
- October 04, 2010
- Original Bitcoin History wiki page (this page) established (ooh so meta) on Bitcoin.org's wiki.
- October 28, 2010
- November 6, 2010
- The Bitcoin economy passed US $1 million. The MtGox price touched USD $0.50.
- December 7, 2010
- Bitcoind was compiled for the Nokia N900 mobile computer by doublec. The following day, ribuck sent him 0.42 BTC in the first portable-to-portable Bitcoin transaction.
- December 9, 2010
- December 16, 2010
- Bitcoin Pooled Mining, operated by slush, found its first block
- January 2, 2011
- Tonal BitCoin units standardized.
- January 8, 2011
- History of Bitcoin page (this page) created after replicating from original Bitcoin History page on Bitcoin.org.
- Bitcoin Pooled Mining reached a total of 10,000 Mhash/s
- January 27, 2011
- January 28, 2011
- Block 105000 was generated. This means that 5.25 million bitcoins have been generated, which is just over one-quarter of the eventual total of nearly 21 million.
- February 9, 2011
- Decimal Bitcoin reached parity with the US dollar, touching $1 per BTC at MtGox.
- February 10, 2011
- February 14, 2011
- A vehicle was, for the first time, offered in exchange for a certain number of bitcoins.
This article uses content from the old wiki. The list of contributors to the old page is available here.
- Serial numbers for Zimdollars sold: AA1669317, AA1669318 and AA1669319
- Online-Only Currency BitCoin Reaches Dollar Parity
- Car for Sale - Australia