Bitcoin Wiki:Issue Tracker
This page serves as the Wiki issue tracker.
To file a new issue, add a second-level heading (==), and describe your issue in detail.
Issue discussion should happen on the Talk page.
Do not delete resolved issues unless you are a wiki administrator, or the creator of the issue.
- 1 Presented with SSL cert from another site
- 2 Backup site broken via HTTPS
- 3 Bitcoin:* namespace interwiki links broken
- 4 Make the anti-spam payment system more discoverable
- 5 Require a fee for new user registration
- 6 Use a proper issue tracker
- 7 Delete defunct exchanges
- 8 Delete Comparison of * trading exchanges
Presented with SSL cert from another site
A few times on 2014-03-27, non-deterministically across a few pages, I got the typical "wrong SSL cert" warning from Firefox, saying I'd been delivered the cert for kitchensurfing.com, issued the same day.
Backup site broken via HTTPS
dump.bitcoin.it just goes to the Main Page if accessed with SSL
// fixed Crazik
Links to [[Bitcoin:Community portal]] (for example) get turned into broken bitcoin: URI links.
- Looks like someone mistakenly put "bitcoin" in the interwiki table, it's just a namespace and doesn't need an entry there. --Gmaxwell (talk) 15:46, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
Make the anti-spam payment system more discoverable
I understand that Cryptopay is [being replaced](http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/27lofu/dear_bitcoin_foundation_please_take_ownership_of/ci20i6t). Can you give us more details on that? The new system should be more discoverable by new users - I suggest a notification for every new user on how to edit. (people still ask me how to edit the damn thing).
Require a fee for new user registration
Use a proper issue tracker
I know you like wikis ... but can't we use something like Zendesk to track issue? Wikis weren't designed to be issue trackers...
- I don't think this would be a good idea. More eyes on the wiki, tending the recent changes, is something we need. Deflecting things off onto something else will not improve the quality of the wiki. --Gmaxwell (talk) 15:44, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
Delete defunct exchanges
Only these defunct exchanges had their own pages on conmarketcap.com:
- $0 https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/AltoCenter/
- $0 https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/CaVirtEx
- $0 https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/Coinsetter
- $0 https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/Virtex
I kept Mt. Gox in Category:Exchanges because we should keep it, and I created List of defunct companies and added the defunct exchanges under List of defunct companies#Exchanges so we don't need separate articles about them. So it is safe to delete all articles in Category:Defunct exchanges, can someone do it?
Delete Comparison of * trading exchanges
Please delete Comparison of fixed rate trading exchanges, Comparison of real-time trading exchanges. We use Comparison of exchanges only now, every well known exchange uses real-time. Fixed rate is ancient! --Davidhedlund (talk) 23:24, 10 June 2017 (UTC)