On July 31, 2012, the service reported a security incident in which halted trading and caused financial loss to the exchange. The exchange says it covered losses from reserves and trading resumed in a matter of hours.
On August 2, 2012, the service added an API for trading, but still lacked an API for bitcoin withdrawals (something offered by every other major exchange). On August 20, 2012 the service added the BTC/RUR and USD/RUR trading pairs. On September 3 the service added numerous RUR deposit and withdawal methods as well as more USD deposit and withdrawal methods.
- http://www.coindesk.com/price/ Coindesk BPI
- "Bitcoin Exchanges Market Share". Bitcoinity. http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Breaking open the MtGox case, part 1". Wizsec. http://blog.wizsec.jp/2017/07/breaking-open-mtgox-1.html#more. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- Btc-e.com exchange for the exchange of BTC <-> USD
- News / Trade is stopped
- News / Update commissions deposit & withdrawal + add new methods withdrawal