Skip IRC bootstrap?
As said in the earlier stages of bitcoin IRC is only a temporary solution for bootstrapping. Since I do not feel like implementing something that will be dropped soon after, I'd guess I should just skip the IRC bootstrap part and implement various other way to harvest initial nodes. I'm thinking of storing known peers in a database, and keeping those that stay most of the time (ie, got a fixed ip and provide bitcoin service). Any comment? MagicalTux 07:32, 18 December 2010 (GMT)
- If the file is large and releases are often, then there should be at least a few bootstrap clients in the file that work. Genjix 03:04, 24 December 2010 (GMT)
I've had various ideas for improvements for improving Bitcoin, but because I haven't written them down I've forgotten most of them. I'll try to keep a list here of ideas:
- Show small denominations of bitcoins using SI-notation. i.e 0.001 BTC = 1 mBTC, 100000 BTC = 0.1 GBTC
- Do not have accounts. Instead allow more flexible tree based method of organising addresses with ability to tag them in groups or categories.
- Basic libbitcoin so others can make clients for gtk, KDE ...
- Ability to generate at lower speeds
- Same one column for transaction amounts. Money sent is like -10 BTC and the row's background is highlighted red. Money received, the row is highlighed green and shown as +10 BTC.