Help talk:Getting started
Upgrading links http → https
I want to upgrade http → https for links to sites I know support it: Bitcointalk.org, Stack Exchange, etc. However, this page is protected (for obvious reasons). Would somebody with the appropriate privileges please either make this minor edit, or let me do so? Thanks.
Nullius (talk) 16:33, 30 December 2017 (UTC)
The following internal links should be fixed in order to avoid redirects:
- Introduction --> Help:Introduction
- Getting started installing bitcoin-qt --> Help:Installing Bitcoin Core
- Buying Bitcoins (the noob version) --> Buying Bitcoins (the newbie version)
- FAQ --> Help:FAQ
Fturco (talk) 13:41, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
A couple of suggestions
Hi! Since the page is protected, I am suggesting here:
1. IMHO this should be deleted: "(Hint: You can't buy them with Paypal or credit cards)". There are at least tens of exchanges where you can buy Bitcoins with your credit or debit card.
2. I also suggest adding a link to ExchangeRates.Pro that's a new Bitcoin price comparison website, monitoring offers from exchanges and p2p marketplaces in 255 countries.
Please fix links in the See Also section
I suggest removing the obsolete "Bitcoin Businesses" link. And add a link at the end of the list to "Earning bitcoins" (which is a good complement and alternative to "Trading bitcoins").
Please make these updates or give me access to fix them. Thanks!