- All Altcoins supported by Shapeshift
- Physical Gold
- Real-time trading between physical gold and bitcoin
- Trade a minimum of 5 cents worth of bitcoin or gold
- Gold is Audited and insured
- Bitcoin holdings are publicly audited and help in multi-sig cold storage.
- Gold is held in the customer's name so if something was to happen to vaultoro clients have full ownership and writes to their gold.
- No need to verify your identity unless you want to deposit more than $5000 worth of bitcoin per day.
- 0.5% - 0.2% trading fees depending on traders 30 day volume.
- All gold is Vaulted in professional bullion vaulting facility within Switzerland's duty-free zone.
After a year of development, the exchange was opened for the public in February 2015.
- Vaultoro is the first real-time bitcoin gold exchange in the world.
- Vaultoro uses a 100% transparent public audit both of bitcoin and gold holdings while keeping clients identities private.
- Joshua Scigala, one of Vaultoro's co-founders lost money to the MtGox crash. This inspired him and his co-Founder Philip Scigala to develop an exchange that could be radically transparent.
- In mid-February 2015, Vaultoro secured a 100,000 Euro angel round of private funding.
- In mid-2017, Vaultoro secured a 7 figure investment round seed round from FinLab AG
- In Feb-2018, Vaultoro became the first major bitcoin exchange in the world to accept main net lightning network deposits.
Transparency and Auditing
- All bitcoin and gold holdings can be audited publicly. The bitcoin are audited via that blockchain, and the Gold is audited publicly and privately.
- Vaultoro’s open auditing system works as follows.
- All clients receive an anonymous client ID
- All anonymous client ID’s and holdings are published and can be verified by everyone without knowing who anyone is.
- The client can see the sum of all bitcoin and gold holdings and compare that to vaultoro's gold auditing statements and vaultoro's warm and cold wallets
- The gold holdings are audited by BDO
- Clients can verify the insurance certificate