From Bitcoin Wiki
- Bitcoins are sent easily through the Internet, without needing to trust any third party.
- Are irreversible by design
- Are fast. Funds received are available for spending within minutes.
- Cost very little, especially compared to other payment networks.
- The supply of bitcoins is regulated by software and the agreement of users of the system and cannot be manipulated by any government, bank, organization or individual. The limited inflation of the Bitcoin system's money supply is distributed evenly (by CPU power) to miners who help secure the network.