OKPAY is an international eWallet money transfer and payment service provider. It allows users and merchants to deposit and withdraw funds using a wide range of available options, including bank transfers, transfers from other payment systems or money transfer services, OKPAY MasterСard, and more. 
The system has user verification as a protection mechanism against money laundering and fraud. It imposes restrictions on non-verified accounts such as financial services availability, transfer limits, etc.
- Nov 2009 – company foundation 
- Apr 2010 - launch of the integration system for online shops and internet businesses
- Dec 2010 - company has won online awards organized by the Australian forum on the Internet earnings CashFindForum.com in both nominations: «The best Payment System of 2010» & «The best Upcoming Project of 2010».
- Jan 2011 - Alliance of UWCFS & OKPAY
- Jan 2012 - OKPAY ® trademark registered in the European Union
- Oct 2016 - Aquired Central Bank of Cyprus' license, now is a EU regulated company.
- Payment gateway with a set of checkout features. Including payments, recurring billing and preapproved payments 
- Global payouts supporting payment cards, electronic, bank and cash transfer 
- Payment processing for every popular platform within a single API integration 
- 21+ supported languages and world currencies 
- Client verification service and other partnership opportunities 
Supported payment options and currencies
OKPAY offers the following payment options:
- Visa/MasterCard cards
- Bank wire transfers
- International money transfers
- Electronic currencies
- Mobile payments
- Retail stores and kiosks
USD, EUR, GBP, RUB, CHF, CZK, AUD, CAD, JPY, NOK, SEK, DKK, HRK, HUF, NZD, PLN, RON, TRY, ZAR, HKD, CNY
Supported e-commerce software
OKPAY provides software plugins or modules compatible with the following ECommerce shopping carts:
- aMember PRO
- AShop V
- Comersus Cart
- Perfecto CMS
- Simpla CMS
- ViArt Shop
- WebSite X5
- Wordpress - eShop
- WP eStore
Internal transaction fee for transferring money between OKPAY users is always the same: 0.5% with a maximum of 2.99 EUR. This allows for an convenient and relatively cheap cross-border payments. The transaction charge can be either paid by the sender or deducted from the payment amount on the receiver’s end. 
Privacy and Security
OKPAY employs a number of security mechanisms to prevent criminals from using its services and therefore protect its clients from trouble:
- User verification requires users to prove that they are who they claim to be by providing scanned copies of their real documents, such as passports, driving licenses, etc. Unless a user’s account is verified, they have limited options when it comes to using their account.
- In order to prevent illegal financial activity and to comply with appropriate AML policies, verified users have to fill out personal questionnaires on financial activity that are used to track where funds originate from.
- Besides the above-mentioned methods, OKPAY employs automatic fraud monitoring service which routinely monitors in real time all suspicious and unusual activities within the system.
The system used to fully support Bitcoin transactions. But this situation changed in October 2016, when the company was relicensed by the Central Bank of Cyprus. OKPAY had to follow a new set of rules and regulations which did not allow for the use of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. This is why it is not recommended to use OKPAY for bitcoin and other cryptocurrency transfers. It is not uncommon for OKPAY to block accounts associated with bitcoin transfers.
- OKPAY website
- OKPAY API Payment Automation
- OKPAY IPN
- OKPAY Accepting Payments
- OKPAY Integration
- OKPAY Shopping carts and Applications Store