Bitcoins funds are credited to the exchange account after six confirmations.
EUR bank transfers (SEPA) are accepted for deposits at no charge by the exchange. International wire transfer (EUR) are accepted.
International or domestic (U.S.) wire transfer.
Bitcoins may be withdrawn at no charge.
SEPA (EUR) and International Bank Wire Transfer (EUR) are supported.
International and domestic (U.S.) bank wire transfer (USD) is supported.
Several acquisitions of other bitcoin businesses have allowed Kraken to expand rapidly.
- 19 January 2016 - the American Coinsetter and the Canadian Cavirtex
- 27 June 2016 - the Dutch CleverCoin
- 13 December 2016 - the American Glidera
- 1 March 2017 - charting and trading platform CryptoWatch
- Kraken.com website
- "These are the biggest names in bitcoin and blockchain tech". yahoo.com. https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-biggest-players-investors-in-bitcoin-and-blockchain-152121414.html. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- Reuters Editorial (29 June 2015). "Industry Leading Bitcoin Exchange Kraken Opens in Canada with Vogogo". Reuters UK. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/06/29/idUKnCCN90FgB3+1ca+MKW20150629?type=companyNews.
- Kraken (27 June 2016). "Kraken Acquires Dutch Bitcoin Exchange CleverCoin". Kraken. http://blog.kraken.com/post/146577241947/kraken-acquires-dutch-bitcoin-exchange-clevercoin.
- Nichols, Shaun. "Lost your shirt in the MtGox Bitcoin mess? Release the Kraken!'. The Register. 25 May 2016. Accessed 17 June 2016.
- "VC-backed Kraken to buy Canadian bitcoin exchange Cavirtex". Buyouts Insider / Argosy Group LLC. 2016. https://www.pehub.com/canada/2016/1/vc-backed-kraken-to-buy-canadian-bitcoin-exchange-cavirtex/.
- "Exchange volume distribution". Bitcoin Charts. https://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/.
- "Exchanges". Bitcoin Watch. http://www.bitcoinwatch.com/.
- "Bitcoin exchanges". Bitcoinity. https://data.bitcoinity.org/markets/exchanges/all/24h#volume_desc.
- "Bitcoin trading volume (EUR)". Bitcoinity. https://data.bitcoinity.org/markets/volume/30d/EUR?c=e&t=bar.
- KRAKEN.COM - Exchange Now Open with Live Trading EUR, BTC, LTC
- USD Pairs are now available for trading
- Kraken (19 January 2016). "Kraken Acquiring Coinsetter and Cavirtex to Expand in US and Canada". Kraken. http://blog.kraken.com/post/137608673157/kraken-acquiring-coinsetter-and-cavirtex-to-expand.
- Joseph Young (2 March 2016). "Kraken Reports 2x Increase in New Accounts After U.S. Expansion". Bitcoin Magazine. https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/kraken-reports-x-increase-in-new-accounts-after-u-s-expansion-1456932929.
- Flanagan, Will. "Chicago bitcoin startup Glidera acquired by San Francisco digital currency exchange". American City Business Journals. http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2016/12/15/kraken-acquires-glidera.html. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- [blog.kraken.com/post/157796880417/kraken-acquires-cryptowatch-and-launches-new-trade "Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trade Platform"]. blog.kraken.com/post/157796880417/kraken-acquires-cryptowatch-and-launches-new-trade. Retrieved 1 March 2017.