Hive is a lightweight "thin client" Bitcoin wallet for mac OS X, iOS, Android and Web. It is primarily based on bitcoinj focusing on ease-of-use. The wallet is currently officially unsupported (see History).
- An attractive, people-oriented interface.
- Free and open - source.
- An integrated application platform.
- An SPV backend for fast startup.
- Tor support for enhanced anonymity.
- Support for many languages.
- Automatic updates
- Payment Protocol support
- Waggle feature based on geolocation service
- Multi-token support
Other features for the different platforms currently in development can be found in the GitHub wiki account. 
Hive alpha version for mac OS X was released on September 28, 2013 and promoted with a booth at the European Bitcoin convention. Months after, Hive has acquired Bridgewalker, "a Euro-based platform for Bitcoin designed with speed in mind".
By February 3, 2014, the mac OS X wallet has come out of beta testing and was available to public through download on its website.  After a few months, Hive Android was launched for Beta testing.  Hive Web was officially launched during the Inside Bitcoins Conference HK last June 24-25, 2014.  Hive universal iOS wallet was also recently launched last August 13 and is available in the App store.
On September 20, 2015, it was announced by Hive Wallet Founder, Wendell Davis, that the wallet is officially unsupported and he recommends to use something else, until new maintainers are found. He claims that the wallet actually does work fine and the servers will kept online for anyone who needs them.
- How To Create a Hive Bitcoin Wallet
- Hive project website
- GitHub repo
- Hive Official Twitter account
- Hive Official Facebook account
- Hive Official Skype public chat
- How to make a Hive app
- Transifex translation project
- Hive launch thread
- Hive OS X out of beta testing
- Hive Android for beta testing
- Hive Web Wallet Bitcoin Adoption Roadblocks
- Hive's Bitcoin- Litecoin Wallet Launches iOS Devices