Bisq (previously Bitsquare) is a P2P decentralized Bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange. It is non-custodial in that it never touches or controls user funds, these are held in user controlled wallets and accounts. Security deposits are done through multisignature Bitcoin addresses.
Bisq offers a trading API
Features and Philosophy
Unlike traditional online exchanges, Bisq is designed to be:
- Instantly accessible – no need for registration or approval from a central authority.
- Decentralized – there is no single point of failure. The system is peer-to-peer and trading can not be stopped or censored.
- Safe – Bisq never holds your funds. Decentralized arbitration system and security deposits protect traders.
- Private – no one except trading partners exchange personally identifying data. All personal data is stored locally.
- Secure – end-to-end encrypted communication routed over Tor.
- Open – every aspect of the project is transparent. The code is open source.
- Easy – we take usability seriously.
Bisq is for those who do not want to forfeit control or privacy to a central authority in order to trade with other individuals. We regard financial transactions as a form of private speech that should be protected from surveillance by banks, governments, and other institutions.
Bisq is a distributed open source project with no company or institution in control. Decisions are made via a DAO in which users and contributors vote with BSQ tokens on major decisions.