Proposed Listing Standards
I propose the following standards be required for listing on the [Trade]. The listed site must
- Be currently functional (downtime of less than 48 hours is acceptable)
- Be currently accepting bitcoins
- Have clear instructions for paying with bitcoins from the link given
- Prices must be sane within an order of magnitude (non-sane prices indicate that the website has not been updated to match bitcoin deflation)
The standards will help keep the list manageable and easy to use.
This is a talk page, so please sign your contributions. I mostly agree, but the "sane prices" criterion seems a bit subjective ; there is a risk that we exclude goodwilling merchants, who would otherwise be willing to update their prices when contacted. ThomasV 10:43, 12 February 2011 (GMT)
- Here is an example . When I say "sane", I mean reasonable within an order of magnitude. I moved your other comment to a separate section for clarity Ptd 12:59, 13 February 2011 (GMT)
Should we put addresses on the wiki?
We just had some bitcoin address spam. perhaps it would not have happened if we did not put bitcoin addresses on the wiki ? ThomasV 23:50, 12 February 2011 (GMT)
- Page is now semi-protected. MagicalTux 08:28, 16 February 2011 (GMT)
Hide Contents of Adult?
Should the contents of Adult be displayed by default, or might it be reasonable to expect that to be a hidden that requires an action for the contents of the category to be rendered? - User:sgornick 06:22, 23 February 2011 (GMT)
Should be hidden or moved to another page. --Sirius 07:05, 23 February 2011 (GMT)