- An attractive, people-oriented interface.
- Free and open - source.
- An integrated application platform.
- An SPV backend for fast startup.
- Tor support for enhanced anonymity.
- Support for many languages.
- Automatic updates
- Payment Protocol support
- Waggle feature based on geolocation service
- Multi-token support
Other features for the different platforms currently in development can be found in the GitHub wiki account. 
Hive Hive alpha version for mac OS X was released on September 28, 2013 and promoted with a booth at the European Bitcoin convention. Months after, Hive has acquired Bridgewalker, "a Euro-based platform for Bitcoin designed with speed in mind".
By February 3, 2014, the mac OS X wallet has come out of beta testing and was available to public through download on its website.  After a few months, Hive Android was launched for Beta testing.  Hive Web was officially launched during the Inside Bitcoins Conference HK last June 24-25, 2014.  Hive universal iOS wallet was also recently launched last August 13 and is available in the App store.
- How To Create a Hive Bitcoin Wallet
- Hive project website
- GitHub repo
- Hive Official Twitter account
- Hive Official Facebook account
- Hive Official Skype public chat