Revision as of 22:30, 5 April 2014 by Amincd (added trading in electronics as way to acquire bitcoin)
Here is a generic Getting Started guide.
- Get started buying bitcoins at Coinbase
- Get free bitcoins and learn to use them in 5 minutes: TryBTC
- If you have old electronics (iPhones, iPads, Androids, etc), you can trade them in for bitcoin at [Glyde](http://glyde.com/) or [Mintspare](https://www.mintspare.com/).
- Start by watching this 2 minute vid.
- Learn why it could be a good investment
- Learn why it's objectively better as a means of exchange.
- Get a client and try it out yourself.
- Use an online wallet that you trust. (Examples: Coinkite, BCI, Bitalo)
- Explore bitcoin with a block chain browser such as Biteasy
- Ask questions
- Can I generate Free Money on my computer? - TL;DR - Not really.
- Read the FAQ
- Where can I buy bitcoins? (Hint: You can't buy them with Paypal or credit cards)
- Earn free bitcoins through bonus programs
If you're looking for how to get started with Bitcoin-Qt, this is the article you're looking for.