To use it, a miner merely needs to be directed to mining.eligius.st on port 8337, with the username set to a valid bitcoin address (which receives the payout). No registration is needed.
Donation address: 1E1igiusfEjs1pCaGjEERExE9gYcrFwow7 / Mx5FUQn8oBCoRdyBTUFu9JW5SsdEku56PP
- Pool keeps all transaction fees to itself.
- The pool charges no fees and shares are managed under the CPPSRB reward system at 100% value at the time of mining. 
- When a block is found, all miners who have reached the minimum payout threshold (currently about 0.17 BTC) are paid via the Generation transaction.
- The pool almost never has miner's funds, as they are paid directly to the miners from the block reward.
- If a block is orphaned, its shares become part of the next block's reward distribution.
- No registration. Just send username with the address you want payouts to (password can be anything).
Eligius was announced on April 27, 2011. At the time the service was operated without a name, paying out even tiny coins immediately.
Connecting to Eligius
- Main webpage
- Pool statistics (hashrate, found blocks, per-address balance stats)
- Total pool hashrate (EU + US, estimate)
- JSON API