Bitcoin Knots can be used as a desktop client for regular payments or as a server utility for merchants and other payment services.
The current version can be found at the official Bitcoin Knots website
- Implementation of a bitcoin full node. Provides trustless validation that all of bitcoin's consensus rules are being followed.
- Has an RPC interface allowing developers to interface with Knots and access the bitcoin currency trustlessly. (Backward compatible with Core's RPC interface.)
- Has a GUI frontend, allowing ordinary users to use bitcoin with full validation.
- Compatibility with Linux (both GNOME and KDE), Mac OS X and Windows.
- All functionality of Bitcoin Core, and more.
- Multiple unit support, can show subdivided bitcoins (mBTC, µBTC) for users that like large numbers, as well as Tonal Bitcoin units on systems with Tonal support.