A simple and secure web-based client-side encrypted EWallet for Bitcoin.
wollit aims to facilitate mainstream adoption of Bitcoin by providing a simple, secure and clean way of sending, receiving and managing Bitcoin transactions.
wollit also provides merchant functionality for utilising Bitcoin as a payment mechanism and offers developers full blockchain browser functionality
There are no fees for using wollit
The service launched in beta in May 2013
- The wallet available from this service is considered a hybrid EWallet.
- Bitcoins are not stored with wollit, but instead held in your browser.
- There is an encrypted copy of your wallet stored on wollit's servers,
- wollit cannot spend/lose of even access your Bitcoins.
- aes encryption
- iso10126 padding
- 500 rounds of PBKDF2 on users password as key