Difference between revisions of "Press"
m (→Podcasts / Video: Link to article not mp3.)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
==== July ====
==== July ====
Revision as of 12:10, 30 July 2011
What's being said about Bitcoin by news sites and other media.
Press and notable mentions
Articles / Blog Posts
On PacoAhlgren.com there was a angrily positive article [2011-07-25, US, en]:
Bitcoin Cannot Fail
- They can’t make the rules. And that scares the hell out of them.
- This may be the purest form of democracy the world has ever known, and I — for one — am thrilled to be here to watch it unfold.
On canada.com there was a very positive article [2011-07-22, Canada, en]:
Bitcoins create truly democratic policy, followers say
- Money may be the next frontier of the Internet revolution thanks to Bitcoin, a burgeoning new digital currency.
- ``If we remember, 15 years ago if you were doing anything on the Internet you were going to make millions, said Kenna. ``I think it could be the same with bitcoin.
[[Image:|thumbnail|right]] On npr.org there was a neutral to slightly negative article [2011-07-12, United States, en]:
The Tuesday Podcast: Bitcoin
- I have to say this part of the whole Bitcoin thing for us did seem really easy. Easier than using a credit card or wiring a friend some money.
On The Economist there was a neutral article [2011-06-13, GB, en]:
Bits and bob
- Now, Friedman's dream has finally been realised—albeit not by a real-world central bank.
- Most people would rather devolve this sort of responsibility to the authorities. Until this mindset changes, Bitcoin will be no rival to real-world dosh.
On Telepolis there was a sceptical article [2011-06-10, DE, de]:
Wenig Unterschied zu Aktien
- Stoppt die amerikanischen Drogenpolizei DEA den Höhenflug der Bitcoin-Währung?
- Silk Road dürfte unter anderem deshalb schwer zu schließen sein, weil Betreiber ebenso wie Benutzer durch TOR weitgehend anonym sind.
On Smart Money there was a critical article [2011-06-10, USA, en]:
The Bitcoin Triples Again
- To recap, it's is a purely online currency with no intrinsic value; its worth is based solely on the willingness of holders and merchants to accept it in trade.
- Readers tempted to bet on the Bitcoin should resist, not least because it's unclear whether it will have any enduring worth.
[[Image:|thumbnail|right]] On RussiaToday there was a Positive article [2011-06-08, Russia, en]:
Bitcoin: Currency of Resistance
- What Bitcoin Is, and Why It Matters 2011-05-24 Technology Review by MIT
- Bit Players, An open source digital currency seeks to gain wider acceptance 2011-05-23 iPad news app The Daily
- My Money Is Cooler Than Yours 2011-05-18 Slate
- L019: Bitcoin P2P Currency: The Most Dangerous Project We've Ever Seen 2011-05-15 Launch
- What Is BitCoin? 2011-05-19 Gizmodo.com
- Bitcoin: inside the encrypted, peer-to-peer digital currency 2011-06-08 Ars Technica
- Crypto Currency 2011-04-20 Forbes Magazine
- Online Cash Bitcoin Could Challenge Governments, Banks 2011-04-16 TIME TechLand
- Bitcoin: It's Not Too Late To Send Me Money 2011-03-27 Ironwolf Blog
- Open source identity: Bitcoin technical lead Gavin Andresen 2011-03-21 CIO Australia
- What the Frack is Bitcoin and Can I Use it with Drupal? 2011-03-14 CivicActions
- HTG Explains: What Is Bitcoin, the Virtual Digital Currency? 2011-03-01 HowToGeek.com
- Online-Only Currency BitCoin Reaches Dollar Parity 2011-02-10 news.Slashdot.org
On Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) there was a balanced to positiv article [2011-01-20, USA, en]:
Bitcoin - a Step Toward Censorship-Resistant Digital Currency
- To understand digital currency, one must first note that money in the digital age has moved from a largely anonymous system to one increasingly laden with tracking, control and regulatory overhead.
- It's too early to say whether Bitcoin will be a success. Any new currency system faces an uphill battle, both technically and legally.
- Interview: How Bitcoin Created a Decentralized Crypto-Currency 2010-12-29 ReadWriteWeb
- Could the Wikileaks Scandal Lead to New Virtual Currency? 2010-12-10 PC World
- Imagine your computer as a wallet full of Bitcoins 2010-11-26 Irish Times
On LWN there was a positiv article [2010-11-10, USA, en]:
Bitcoin: Virtual money created by CPU cycles
- The bigger open questions about Bitcoin are about its viability as a currency system.
- Bitcoin is different from electronic payment systems like Paypal that are really just computerized interfaces to traditional banks.
On Bitcoin Blogger there was a positiv article [2010-09-30, ?, en]:
Bitcoin Electronic Currency: The Future of Money
On /. there was a neutral article [2010-07-11, USA, en]:
Bitcoin Releases Version 0.3
Podcasts / Video
- NPR Planet Money - The Tuesday Podcast: Bitcoin 2011-07-12 (mp3)
- Linux Outlaws 215 - Bitcoins 2011-06-30 (mp3, ogg)
- CBS / What’s Trending - Bitcoin: The Future Of Money 2011-06-08 Shira Lazar interviews Bitcoin developer Jeff Garzik.
- The World's First Bitcoin Road Trip 2011-05-30 An interview with The Real Plato on the Corbett Report.
- What Are Bitcoins? 2011-05-24 NPR All Things Considered (mp3)
- TWIST #140 2011-05-10 This Week In Startups interviews Gavin Andresen and Britcoin's Amir Taaki
- Cypherpunkd Episode 005: "Bitcoin Mania" Part 1 - mids 2011-04-06 Podcast interview of mids, from AgoristRadio.com (mp3)
- Bitcoin at EPCA 2011-04-04 Video of Genjix's presentation on Bitcoin at EPCA conference. (followup)
- Andresen on BitCoin and Virtual Currency 2011-04-04 EconTalk's Russell Roberts interview Bitcoin lead Gavin Andresen (mp3, transcript)
- What is Bitcoin? video introduction (mp4)
- Bitcoin – a Digital, Decentralized Currency 2011-03-18 omega tau interviews Bitcoin technical lead Gavin Andresen (podcast)
- Spark 139 2011-02-27 CBC Radio covers Bitcoin. A nice non-technical overview (podcast)
- Security Now 288: Q&A 2011-02-16 Bitcoin coverage is from 0:44:00 to about 1:13 of the podcast (podcast),(video)
- Ignite Amherst 2011-02-15 Presentation by Bitcoin Principal Gavin Andresen (Slides)
- Ignite D.C. 6 2011-02-03 Presentation by Darrell Duane (Slides) About Bitcoin and Potomac local currency
- Security Now 287: BitCoin CryptoCurrency 2011-02-09 Bitcoin coverage is from 0:41:25 to the end of the netcast (video), (podcast)
- The BarCamper's Guide to Bitcoin 2011-07-25 by Ash Moran
- Bitcoin - The World's 1st P2P Digital Currency 2011-06-?? Gavin Andresen Presentation given at In-Q-Tel investment conference
- Bitcoin - P2P Virtual Currency 2011-06-05 Jake Hansen Presentation submission for Defcon 19
- Monetising Game Play on Social Network Sites 2011-03-31 Jon Matonis at KPMG eGaming Summit
- Bitcoin - new P2P currency 2011-02-19 Juraj Bednar