Original Bitcoin client
As the Satoshi client or the Satoshi code is denoted the bitcoin-applications called bitcoind resp. bitcoin-client resp. bitcoin-qt in memorize to Satoshi Nakamoto supporting and propagating the Bitcoin idea / aim.
- In the most widest sense:
- All releases of bitcoin-x.y.z (starting 2009) and future official releases of the bitcoin-developer community.
(Last/newest when writing the remark is of release 0.7.2 in December 2012).
- In the narrow sense:
- Only the bitcoin releases up to version 0.3.19 which Satoshi Nakamoto himself was chief and main developer. He retired afterwards (end of 2010) completely from this project. With the next release also Testnet was reseted wirh a new Genesis block.
- Original Satoshi clients:
- Only the bitcoin releases 0.1.0 up to 0.1.5 which supported only Windows 2000 / Windows NT and Windows XP (perhaps Windows Vista). The next bitcoin release 0.2.0 from Dec 2009, nearly a year later, starts to support Linux and the community got more and more actively involved in the development.
For history, one of the earliest available proof of a running bitcoin-0.1.0 with a human readable debug log. There might have been also (private) earlier client code before 0.1.0 available only to Satoshi Nakamoto.