Original Bitcoin client
As the Satoshi client or the Satoshi code is denoted the bitcoin-applications called bitcoind resp. bitcoin-client resp. bitcoin-qt in memorize to Satoshi Nakamoto supporting and propagating the Bitcoin idea / aim.
- In the most widest sense:
- All releases of bitcoin-x.y.z (starting 2009) and future official releases of the bitcoin-developper community.
(Last/newest when writing the remark is of release 0.7.2 in December 2012).
- In the narrow sense:
- Only the bitcoin releases up to version 0.3.19 which Satoshi Nakamoto himself was chief and main developer. He retired afterwards (end of 2010) completely from this project.
- Original Satoshi clients:
- Only the bitcoin releases 0.1.0 up to 0.1.5 which where Windows 2000 / Windows NT and Windows XP only supporting. The next bitcoin release 0.2.0 from Dec 2009, nearly a year later, starts to support Linux and the community got more and more actively involved in the development.
There might have been also (private) earlier client code before 0.1.0 available only to Satoshi Nakamoto.