Difference between revisions of "Namecoin"
m (→External Links)
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
Revision as of 14:26, 26 June 2011
A distributed naming system based on Bitcoin technology.
Namecoin uses a new blockchain, separate from the main Bitcoin chain.
Mining currently cannot be performed for multiple blockchains but changes to the Namecoin software may make it possible that a bitcoin miner can simultaneously mine the Namecoins. However it is possible to mine Namecoins with miners designed for bitcoin (like phoenix, poclmb,..).
The project was inspired by the bitdns discussion and recent failures of the DNS.
The open source software was announced on April 18, 2011.
- Namecoin Project on GitHub
- dot-bit.org project, focused on the domain registration aspect of Namecoin
- Namecoin (.bit) WHOIS Server
- Namecoin Tools
-  First Namecoin Mining pool
-  Namecoin <=> Bitcoin exchange