Revision as of 17:11, 13 May 2013 by Tonikt (Created page with "An open-source Bitcoin solution written in Go language (golang). Can be built for every platform that has a working Go compiler. Gocoin is licensed under GPL version 3. ==F...")
An open-source Bitcoin solution written in Go language (golang).
Can be built for every platform that has a working Go compiler.
Gocoin is licensed under GPL version 3.
- All the unspent outputs are kept in memory, so switching between different wallets is very fast.
- Allows a user to limit the upload and download network bandwidth used by the client.
- For security reasons, it is supposed to be used with an offline (never connected to a network) PC.
- The wallet is deterministic and a seed password based, so as long as you remember the seed password, you do not need to backup it, ever.
- Additionally you can import private keys for your existing bitcoin wallet.
- Has very low hardware requirements, so you can use it with i.e. Raspberry Pi
The client node requires 64-bit platform and at least 4GB of system memory.
- No GUI
- Works only with entire (mined) blocks - does not rely transactions, except from sending own transactions to the network
- Requires a file system that supports large files (bigger than 4GB)