Bitcoin-Qt is an MIT-licenced Qt4 GUI for the original Bitcoin codebase. Initially designed by John Smith, it is now maintained by the developers of the original Bitcoin client., which it has been bundled in since version 0.5.
- Compatibility with Linux (both GNOME and KDE), Mac OS X and Windows
- All functionality of the original wxWidgets client
- User friendly, tabbed interface
- Asks for confirmation before sending coins
- CSV export of transactions
- Clearer transaction list with status icons and real-time filtering
- Progress bar on initial block download
- Languages: Dutch, English, German
- Sendmany support in UI (send to multiple recipients in one transaction)
- Multiple unit support, can show subdivided bitcoins (mBTC, µBTC) for users that like large numbers (currently only decimal units)
- Splash screen that details progress
Source code (and build instructions for supported platforms) can be found at the Bitcoin GitHub page.
- Forum thread (includes screenshots)
- Bitcoin-Qt development GitHub repository
- Original Bitcoin codebase GitHub repository