Differences from BitAddress
While BitAddress is capable of generating "brain wallets", pool-generated vanity wallets, and bulk wallets, BitcoinPaperWallet has been simplified such that its only function is to produce paper wallets. Additionally:
- Paper wallets printed using BitcoinPaperWallet feature a tri-fold design that is sealed shut so as to hide the wallet's private key and QR code from view.
- The reverse side of the design includes instructions for general use as well as a ledger for writing down deposits or other notes.
- The overall design includes a number of features to discourage casual tampering efforts that might otherwise reveal the private key without notice.
- The generator includes an option for printing a paper wallet by pasting in a self-generated private key or vanity address, bypassing the random address generator altogether
Similarities to BitAddress
BitcoinPaperWallet is a GitHub "fork" of BidAddress and uses identical cryptography functions and methods. Similarly:
- The generator works entirely from within a web browser.
- Addresses are never transmitted over the Internet
- The full source code can be examined via "view source" in web browser.
- The generator can be run offline by downloading a ZIP archive of the HTML from GitHub.