An easy shopping cart interface allowing a site to easily accept Bitcoins as payment.
The service is built on Willet which can also be used to accept credit card payments.
The service was launched on June 28, 2011.
How It Works
- A customer clicks a 'Buy with BTC' button / link.
- BitWillet provides a unique Bitcoin address.
- Once payment to that address is confirmed, BitWillet POSTs the purchase information to a specified URL.
- The URL can redirect the customer to the digital goods, record purchase information, etc.
- A button or link which initiates the BitWillet offer is added:
- A URL handler is created which will accept BitWillet's purchase confirmation POST.