Armory is an open-source, python-based, wallet-management application for the Bitcoin network.
It is very resource-intensive and thus will not be usable by everyone. The beta version of the project was crowdfunded.
Available for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
Armory is licensed under the AGPL.
- Encrypted wallet (optional)
- Maintain offline wallets for 100% security from online attackers.
- Import addresses created with VanityGen or sweep funds from Casascius physical Bitcoins.
- Toggle between “Standard”, “Advanced”, and Expert modes to guarantee an appropriate set of options and information.
- Ability to add "Watching-Only" Wallets
- Fragmented (M-of-N) Backups
- SecurePrint for all Backup Types
- Decentralized Multi-Signature "Lockboxes" (up to 7-of-7)
- Daemon/API for Services and Network Integration
- Message Signing
The Armory project was announced January 3rd, 2012.
The project received $2,661 by 26 funders on crowdfunding site RocketHub. The project completed it's funding on 2012-03-19.
- Armory Official Website
- Armory project page on bitcointalk.org
- Armory Project GitHub Page
- How to Setup a Armory Bitcoin Wallet for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Armory's Block chain browser