Vitalik Buterin (Russian Language Виталик Бутерин) is a programmer & writer. He is primarily known as a co-founder of Ethereum, and as a co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine.   In 2014, Buterin won the World Technology Award for the co-creation and invention of Ethereum.
Buterin has contributed as a developer to various open source bitcoin-related projects. Some early examples are: Kryptokit, pybitcointools, multisig.info, and btckeysplit. He also contributed to DarkWallet , and the cryptocurrency marketplace site Egora.
- Finley, Klint (27 January 2014). "Out in the open: Teenage hacker transforms web into one giant Bitcoin network". Wired. http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/ethereum/. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- del Castillo, Michael (24 September 2014). "Dark wallet: A radical way to Bitcoin". http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/currency/2013/09/dark-wallet-bitcoin.html. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Melendez, Steven (10 February 2014). "Could this 20-Year-Old kid make Bitcoin obsolete?". Fast Company. http://www.fastcolabs.com/3026271/could-this-20-year-old-kid-make-bitcoin-obsolete. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "The 2014 World Technology Award Winners". World Technology Network. http://www.wtn.net/summit-2014/2014-world-technology-awards-winners. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos (20 December, 2014) Mastering Bitcoin: Unlocking Digital Cryptocurrencies, page 82, ISBN: 978-1449374044, O'Reilly Media
- Southurst, Jon (7 January 2014). "Roger Ver and Erik Voorhees Back Bitcoin Wallet KryptoKit". CoinDesk. http://www.coindesk.com/ver-buterin-join-bitcoin-browser-wallet-kryptokit/. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Kelly, Brian (24 Nov, 2014) The Bitcoin Big Bang: How Alternative Currencies Are About to Change the World page 156, ISBN: 978-1118963661, Wiley Publishing