Bitcoin Escrow Service
An escrow-like service that allows safer payment by securely holding a buyer's coins in escrow until the terms of the sale are met and as a result the buyer releases payment to the seller. This service runs only on the i2p anonymous network.
Warning: Please be careful with your money. When sending money to an escrow partner you are trusting that the operator will not abscond with your funds and that the operator maintains secure systems that protect against theft -- internal or external. It is recommended that you obtain the real-world identity of the operator and ensure that sufficient recourse is available. Exchanging or storing significant amounts of funds others is not recommended.
The objective of the Bitcoin Escrow Service is to act as a neutral third party that provides an escrow service for online transactions, and does so allowing both buyers and sellers to remain anonymous.
If the buyer does not release the escrow payment to the seller then after 30 days the funds are donated to the I2P project.
The service charges no fees for use.
Merchants may use the service's shopping cart interface to provide to buyers an assurance that their ecommerce orders will be fulfilled thanks to the payment being escrowed.
The site was first available on June 4th, 2011 and was announced on June 8th, 2011.
- EscrowCoin - Trusted Bitcoin Escrow Singapore based Escrow service , totally safe, offshore and part of a real company.
- Escrow my Bits Bitcoin escrow service that offers 4 types of escrow including the first ever escrow pegged to a fiat value.
- BTCrow.com - Bitcoin Escrow Service Longest running Bitcoin service est. June 23rd, 2011. Based in Australia.
- BTC-Asia.com - Secure Bitcoin Escrows Trusted and automated Bitcoin escrow service managed by BitcoinMalaysia.com.
- StrongCoin Wallet and Escrow Established in 2011 has an escrow service based on the BIP38 escrow proposal.
- Multi Signature Address Escrow An open source, browser based, multi signature address escrow service.
External i2p Links
- Bitcoin Escrow Service web site (requires i2p or proxy)
- Merchant Tools web site (requires i2p or proxy)