- Coinbase launches a real-time exchange in the United States.
- This wiki and several other Bitcoin-related websites are blocked by and throughout Russia.
- CEX.IO (logo pictured) discontinues cloud mining services as a result of a significant correction in the price of Bitcoin.
- Bitstamp is hacked, resulting in the theft of 19,000 bitcoins and a temporary halt in trading.
- Microsoft begins accepting Bitcoin as a direct means of payment for digital goods through BitPay.
- The United States Marshals Service auctions 50,000 bitcoins seized from Dread Pirate Roberts by the FBI.