List of Bitcoin-related software. See also Category:Software.
Be sure to keep on top of the latest security vulnerabilities!
- 1 Bitcoin clients
- 2 Bitcoin Trade Data
- 3 Bitcoin software
- 3.1 Web interfaces for merchants
- 3.2 Shopping Cart Integration in eCommerce-Systems
- 3.3 Web apps (opensource)
- 3.4 Browser extensions
- 3.5 PC apps
- 3.6 Mobile apps
- 3.7 Operating systems
- 3.8 Mining apps
- 3.9 Mining Pool Servers (backend)
- 3.10 Utilities, libraries, and interfaces:
- 3.11 Lists of software
- 3.12 Developer resources
- 3.13 Other
- Bitcoin-Qt - C++/Qt based tabbed UI for Bitcoin, Linux/MacOSX/Windows, full-featured
- bitcoind - GUI-less version of the standard Bitcoin client, providing JSON-RPC interface (see also -server option of the standard client)
- subvertx -Command line bitcoin tools.
- BitCoinJ - Java client library by Google, early development stage
- Electrum - lightweight client
- MultiBit - a secure, lightweight, international Bitcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Bitcoiner - Java RPC client (Android)
- Spesmilo - Python/PySide RPC client
- Armory - python-based client currently an alpha-level release, the beta version is being crowdfunded
Frontends to eWallet
- Freecoin - C++ client, supports alternative currencies like Beertoken
- BitDroid - Java client
- Bitdollar - C++/Qt client, unstable beta version
- BCCAPI (Bitcoin Client API) - a java library designed for making secure light-weight bitcoin clients.
Bitcoin Trade Data
- Bitcoin Charts – Prices, volume, and extensive charting on virtually all Bitcoin markets.
- MtGox Live - An innovative chart showing a live feed of MtGox trades and market depth. (Must Use Chrome)
- BTCCharts - An innovative chart showing a live feed of multiple markets, currencies and timeframes.
- BitcoinExchangeRate.org - Bitcoin and USD converter with convenient URL scheme and Auto-updating Portfolio Spreadsheet.
- Bitcoin Sentiment Index - A financial index that collects and disseminates sentiment data about bitcoin.
- Preev - Bitcoin converter with live exchange rates.
Web interfaces for merchants
- Bitcoin Evolution - Non wallet-based Buy Now button to insert into websites (handles sales tracking; client must be used for actual transaction)
- Bit-pay - Buy Now buttons, Checkout posts/callbacks, Mobile Checkout, JSON API
Shopping Cart Integration in eCommerce-Systems
- Zen Cart Bitcoin Payment Module - a payment module that interacts with bitcoind for the Zen Cart eCommerce shopping chart.
- Karsha Shopping Cart Interface - is a mobile payment-interface which enables its users to accept payments.
- Bitcoin-Cash - an easy to use payment module for xt:Commerce
- Bit-pay - bitcoin plugins for Magento, Opencart, Zencart, PHP, JSON API
- WalletBit - Plugins for PrestaShop, OpenCart, PHP, JSON API
- OsCommerce Bitcoin Payment Module - a payment module that uses a python monitoring script to interact with bitcoind for OsCommerce
Web apps (opensource)
- Bitcoin Central - currency exchange
- Bitcoin Poker Room - poker site
- Abe - block chain viewer
- Simplecoin - PHP web frontend for a pool
- bitcoin_simple_php_tools simple php tools for webmasters
- Bitcoin Extension - check balance and send bitcoins (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Prices (extension) - monitoring price (Firefox)
- Bitcoin Ticker - monitoring price (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Tool - recognizes Bitcoin addresses on websites (Firefox, Chrome, IE)
- Biticker - Bitcoin ticker, currency converter and history price graph (Chrome)
- BTConvert - currency conversion
- Sierra Chart MtGox Bridge - real-time charting
- BTC Trader - live charting and tech-analysis
- BitTicker - monitoring price (Mac OS X)
- ToyTrader - a command line trading tool for MtGox
- goxsh - a command-line frontend to the Mt. Gox Bitcoin Exchange (Python)
- MyBitcoins gadget - monitoring pool earnings / price (Windows gadget)
- Bitcoin QR Popup - streamlined interface to bitcoin for POS systems (Windows)
iPhone / iPad
- Blockchain - Fully featured iphone bitcoin app.
- Bitcoin Ticker (iPhone) - monitoring price w/push notifications
- BitCoins Mobile - First iPad native app! Live market data, news feeds, mining pool statistics, full screen exchange price charts, bitcoin network statistical charts. (iPad only, iPhone/iPod Touch coming soon!)
- BitcoinTrader - Spend/receive BTC via QR codes, trade, deposit/withdraw, etc. Supports Mt. Gox, TradeHill, ExchB, CampBX, and InstaWallet.
- Bit-pay - Mobile Checkout, set prices in any currency and receive mobile-to-mobile payment
- Easywallet.org - Web based wallet, works with QR Code scanner on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Direct link to Android Market bitcoin apps. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bitcoin
- Bitcoin Alert - monitoring price (Android)
- Bitcoin-android - Does not appear to be being maitained anymore. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bitcoinandroid
- Bitcoin Wallet Balance - view your balance in real time on your android phone
- Bitcoin Wallet for Android - This is the most functional android bitcoin wallet application. https://market.android.com/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
- BitcoinSpinner - Single address, easy to use, lightweight and open source client. Keys stored on device.
- BitcoinX - monitoring price (Android)
- BitPay - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bitcoin.bitpay (Is not related to the bit-pay.com online payment processor.)
- Blockchain - Lightweight Android Bitcoin Client - Also works with blockchain.info web interface and iphone app.
- BtcMobile - monitoring price and mining pool statistics (iPhone/iPad, Android)
- Easywallet.org - Web based wallet, works with QR Code scanner on Android devices
- Miner Status - monitoring miner status (Android)
- SMS Bitcoins - transactions by SMS
see also Bitcoin Payment Apps
- LinuxCoin - a lightweight Debian-based OS, with the Bitcoin client and GPU mining software
- BTCMiner - Bitcoin Miner for ZTEX FPGA Boards
- Poclbm - Python/OpenCL GPU miner (GUI(Windows & MacOS X))
- Poclbm-mod - more efficient version of Poclbm (GUI)
- DiabloMiner - Java/OpenCL GPU miner (MAC OS X GUI)
- RPC Miner - remote RPC miner (MAC OS X GUI)
- Phoenix miner - miner
- Cpu Miner - miner
- Ufasoft miner - miner
- Pyminer - Python miner, reference implementation
- Remote miner - mining pool software
- Open Source FGPA Bitcoin Miner - a miner that makes use of an FPGA Board
Mining Pool Servers (backend)
- Pushpoold - The original mining pool server
- Poold - Python mining pool server
- PoolServerJ - Java mining pool server
Utilities, libraries, and interfaces:
- Bitcointools - a set of Python tools accessing the transaction database and the wallet
- Finance::MtGox - a Perl module which interfaces with the Mt. Gox API
- BitcoinCrypto - a lightweight Bitcoin crypto library for Java/Android
- Bitcoin Dissector - a wireshark dissector for the bitcoin protocol
Lists of software
- BitGit - list of Bitcoin-related opensource projects hosted at Git
- Original Bitcoin client/API calls list
- API reference (JSON-RPC)
- Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin technology
- Bitcoin Consultancy - an organization providing open source software and Bitcoin-related consulting
- Open Transactions - a financial crypto and digital cash software library, complementary to Bitcoin
- Moneychanger - Java-based GUI for Open Transactions
- BTCnames - a webbased aliasing service which allows to handle unlimited names for your BTC deposit hashes
- Devcoin - the open source developer coin