Original Bitcoin client
As the Satoshi client or the Satoshi code is denoted the bitcoin-applications called bitcoind resp. bitcoin-client resp. bitcoin-qt in memorize to Satoshi Nakamoto supporting and propagating the Bitcoin idea / aim.
- In the most widest sense:
- All releases of bitcoin-x.y.z (starting 2009) and future official releases of the bitcoin-developper community.
(Last/newest when writing the remark is of release 0.7.2 in December 2012).
- In the narrow sense:
- Only the bitcoin releases up to version 0.3.19 which Satoshi Nakamoto himself was chief and main developer. He retired afterwards (end of 2010) completely from this project.
- Original Satoshi clients:
- Only the bitcoin releases 0.1.0 up to 0.1.5 which where Windows 2000 / Windows NT and Windows XP only supporting. (The next bitcoin release 0.2.0 from Dec 2009, nearly a year later, starts to support Linux)
There might have existed also (private) earlier client code before 0.1.0 available only for Satoshi Nakamoto.