Revision as of 14:14, 25 January 2011 by Ptd (This contains a guide for merchants and outlines how merchant tools should work)
This page is intended as guide to merchants who want accept bitcoin.
- Download a bitcoin client
- When a customer wants to buy something issue them with a bitcoin address
- You can do this by clicking "New.." next to your address in the bitcoin client and sending that address to the customer
- When payment comes in from that address send the goods to your customer
- If you ever need to refund a customer send the bitcoins they sent back to the from address you recieved the bitcoins from.
Setup a system (pointers to easy-to-use packaged systems should be added) that:
- When a customers orders something on your website it records
- Bitcoin address that payment should be sent to
- Order details (delivery address etc.)
- Payment amount
- When payment arrives, checks that they have paid the correct amount (and refunds the from address otherwise) and informs you
- You dispach the goods to the customer and mark the order as fulfilled
- If you cannot dispach the goods you mark the order as denied and the system sends the customer a refund
- Pays money made to your bitcoin address