Identity protocol v1
- Has some creation cost
- Sacrifice may be digitally proven, bootstrapping root of trust from blockchain data
- Start as anonymous; opt out of anonymity by attaching identifying key-value pairs (real.name = "John Smith").
Creating sacrifice transactions
Similar to Announce/Commit Sacrifices. That author's feedback on this protocol was very helpful.
- MPK = master public key
- TM = current block height
- create transaction T2.
- must include OP_RETURN ripemd160(MPK) output
- nlocktime = TM + 144 blocks
- no more than 1000 bytes in size
- must include >= 0.001 BTC fee
- create transaction T1
- must include OP_RETURN serialized(T2) output
- broadcast T1, T2 until confirmed
Creating a SIN
A SIN is the unique record identifier by which this identity will be known.
- Prefix = 0x18
- SIN_Version = 0x01
- MD = ripemd160(MPK)
- SIN = base58_encode_check( Prefix + SIN_Version + MD )
Validating the root identity information
- B1 = block w/ T1, B2 = block w/ T2
- Verify B2 height - 144 >= B1 height. Fail and waste sacrifice if not.
- Verify mined T2 == announced T2
Thus a minimal root record is MPK and is provably
- linked to the sacrifices
- MPK starts a new chain of digital signature trust, for further record updates
After that, additional key-value pairs may be associated with the root record via updates verified by PPK, stored in an alt-blockchain or DHT somewhere. That is outside the scope of this minimal document.