WARNING: This wiki and the links it contains can be edited by anyone, always verify that the URL to the site you are visiting is correct. Before trusting or sending your bitcoins to any website you should always search on additional resources such as google, bitcointalk forums or reddit to see what other users are saying about the service.
- Get started buying bitcoins at Coinbase or Bitstamp
- Start by watching this 2 minute vid.
- Learn why it could be a good investment
- Learn why it's objectively better as a means of exchange.
- Get a client and try it out yourself.
- Use an online wallet that you trust. (Examples: SafeWallet, BitMixer, BCI, )
- Explore bitcoin with a block chain browser such as Blockchain.info
- Ask questions
- Can I generate Free Money on my computer? - TL;DR - Not really.
- Read the FAQ
- Where can I buy bitcoins? (Hint: You can't buy them with Paypal or credit cards)
- Where to buy and store your bitcoins
If you're looking for how to get started with Bitcoin-Qt, this is the article you're looking for.