To use it, a miner merely needs to be directed to mining.eligius.st on port 8337, with the username set to a valid bitcoin address (which receives the payout). No registration is needed.
Donation address: 1E1igiusfEjs1pCaGjEERExE9gYcrFwow7 / Mx5FUQn8oBCoRdyBTUFu9JW5SsdEku56PP
- Pool keeps all transaction fees to itself, plus 0.00000001 BTC per second since last-found block and 1 share per block (currently this works out to under 0.0003%, and gets smaller with more miners in the pool).
- Remaining reward is divided equally among ALL shares contributed since its last-found block.
- When a block is found, the miner is paid for that block immediately as a Generated transaction, but only if his total balance is over 1 BTC (to help the recipient avoid transaction fees).
- If a block is orphaned, its shares become part of the next block's reward distribution.
- No registration. Just send username with the address you want payouts to (password can be anything).
- Will only include transactions in its blocks if the sender pays a fee of at least 0.00004096 BTC per 512 bytes.
Eligius was announced on April 27, 2011. At the time the service was operated without a name, paying out even tiny coins immediately.
- Main webpage
- Pool statistics (hashrate, found blocks, per-address balance stats)
- Total pool hashrate (EU + US, estimate)
- JSON API