Distributed Autonomous Community / Decentralized Application
A Decentralized Autonomous Corporation (DAC) is an "entity" without any central point of control, with a certain agenda, business plan, and protocol. A Decentralized Application or DA is an alternative formulation of a DAC. The concept is currently being developed by David Johnston.
There is an accelerating trend of more and more DACs being formed.
List of DACs
- Bitcoin itself, the first DAC?
- Altcurrencies, all of Bitcoin forks
- Ripple Labs is borderline ... they are a registered company and could be ordered to shutdown. The protocol is perhaps a DAC.
- Mastercoin, a DAC replacement for Forex, Shares, and much more. Later evolved into a ProtoShares competitor.
- ProtoShares, a meta DAC with the purpose of provding infrastructure for other DACs. It is composed of
- DomainShares, a DAC replacement for Namecoin
- BitShares, a competitor to Mastercoin (with much more limited feature set IMHO)
- Keyhotee, a DAC replacement for OpenID
- Other infrastructure components to follow... ?
- Mitosys - a DAC replacement for Bit-Message
- Colored Coins are working on defining themselves as a DAC ... no working business model spotted yet.
- A social network - Monetizable Diaspora
- Bitcoin Magazine: Bootstrapping a DAC
- Topic on bitsharestalk
- What is a DAC?
- The Three Laws of Robotics for DACs