Comparison of mining pools
|Name||Location||Hashrate (GHash/sec)||Reward Type||Transaction fees||Fee PPS||Fee Prop / Score||Audits||Protocol||Launched||Forum Thread||Homepage|
|BitClockers||Unknown||18||Prop.||kept by pool||-||2%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-05-27||Link||Link|
|Bitcoin Mining Pool||USA||93||Prop.||kept by pool||-||0%||?||RPC (+LP)||Unknown||Link||Link|
|Bitcoin Pooled Mining (Slush)||London||1139||Score||kept by pool||-||2%||?||RPC||2010-11-27||Link||Link|
|Bitcoins.lc||EU||84||Prop.||kept by pool||-||0%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-05-27||Link||Link|
|BitLotto Pool||Los Angeles||1||Prop||kept by pool||-||-||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-06-08||Link||Link|
|BTC Guild||USA, EU||721||Prop.||kept by pool||-||0%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-05-09||Link||Link|
|BTCMine||UK||388||Score||kept by pool||-||0%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-03-11||Link||Link|
|Continuum||Canada||8||PPS / Score||kept by pool||5%||0%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-05-17||Link||Link|
|DeepBit||Germany||2369||PPS / Prop.||kept by pool||10%||3%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-02-26||Link||Link|
|Eligius||USA / Europe||200||Prop.||kept by pool||-||~0.0003%||Yes||RPC (+LP)||2011-04-27||Link||Link|
|Mining Team Reddit||USA, EU||28||Prop||kept by pool||-||0%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-05-25||Link||Link|
|Simplecoin||Unknown||19||Prop||kept by pool||-||0%||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-06-02||Link||Link|
|Swepool||Sweden||48||PPS||kept by pool||8%||-||?||RPC (+LP)||2011-05-14||Link||Link|
- Hashrate is given in gigahash/second.
- Note that pool hashrate is largely irrelevant but can be seen as a popularity measurement. Note however that it is a theoretical security issue if one pool gains above 50% of the total computational power of the network, thus consider joining a pool based on other metrics.
- Auditing can be accomplished by third-parties if the pool publishes proofs-of-work for every share.
- Donations are possible
- Donations are possible to unlock features
- Access to Eligius proofs-of-work is available on request.