Avalon2 is the second machine of Avalon project. using the 55nm ASIC chips
- 1 Pictures
- 2 User manual
- 3 The Avalon2
- 4 Design Files
- 5 Firmware
- 6 Test plan
- 7 Testing
- 8 Donation
- 9 Links
TP LINK WR703N
The USB on the AR9331 have bugs. if you want use serial console, please the direct serial console on 703N (the /dev/ttyATH0). it's far more stable then USB-serial convertor. you may want add a usb-hub between machine and 703n
- The default firmware IP address is 192.168.0.100, you can access it by http://192.168.0.100
- You may need update the address/DNS to your local configuration. DO NOT FORGET your IP address.
- If Rpi can access internet the cgminer should automatic start
- 8GB Memory card: http://item.jd.com/632744.html
- Reflash: sudo dd if=openwrt-brcm2708-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M #/dev/sdb is your memory card
- USB Hub, UNITEK Y-2132 USB2.0 13ports
- USB WiFi, EDUP EP-N8508GS
Manual by others
315GH/s, 1020W@220V in normal mode. 210GH/s, 420W@220V in ECO mode.
Avalon2 Single Modular
Module hash speed: ~105GHS Chip operating speed: 1.5GHS Chip working voltage: 1.0V Typical values DH: ~2% Module Power: 24.5A@12V, 294W (excluding fan power consumption). 0.1A @ 5V, 0.5A @ 3.3V. Power Module conversion efficiency: >= 87% Design Operating temperature: 85C (chip temperature), 60C (PCB, temperature sensor measurements) Fan: 4PIN PWM speed control, report fan speed back. Include: Single modular, USB Connector
from bottom(FPGA) to top is 1 to 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: Blink when found nonce 6, 7, Data transfer 8: Error or under testing
- A3255 ASIC Datasheet: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/hardware/A3255/datasheet/
- The Hardware design files: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/hardware/A3255/avalon2
- MM(Miner Manager)]
- The cgminer Avalon2 support
- OpenWrt LUCI page
- OpenWrt cgminer package, files and config
- Build script file
- Here: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon2/2014-03-20/
- MM(201401-1f7d08b0): read the power good single back.
- Poweron five small module one by one. good for PSU.
- Update cgminer to 4.0.0
- Add devs information on status page.
- Here: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon2/2014-01-23/
- MM(201401-a3cb3950): Include the first stable version of MM firmware
- Include the RPi OpenWrt firmware
- Include the 703N OpenWrt firmware
- Support fixed fan speed, support A3255 frequency from 1G to 2G, support adjust voltage for 0.65v to 1.1v
- Display all modules status include 2 fan, 2 temperature sensors, voltage and frequency
- Voltage display as encode mode. needs to be changed to human readable
- Include an ASIC cores testing python script
- Test 10 avalon2 single module with one host (703N or RPi)
- The Avalon2 MM firmware support testing. no needs particular firmware.
- The host test program is here: https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-extras/blob/master/scripts/avalon2-a3255-modular-test.py
- Run avalon2-a3255-modular-test.py for testing. you may update your serial port at -s option.
- Ngzhang0: 1kBGUHDxmSAegACRB6fcE2vrnVAfPJarW
- Con Kolivas: 15qSxP1SQcUX3o4nhkfdbgyoWEFMomJ4rZ
- Kanoi: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
- Xiangfu: 19BT2rcGStUK23vwrmF6y6s3ZWpxzQQn8x
- 55nm open design contest: http://avalon-asics.com/avalon-gen2-55nm-open-source-design-contest/
- Documents release by Avalon: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/hardware/A3255/
- Avalon2 prototype by using Avalon1 hardware design